Monday, February 2, 2009

Vadama's Madame Bijou Part I


Through Ruche, I've had the opportunity to meet so many talented people, both virtually and in person. I must say that the qualities that inspire me the most in people are their creativity and passion. Creativity comes in so many forms. Whether it be in writing, photography, fashion design, and even everyday outfits, people surprise me everyday. Passion, which is much more rare, but when someone is passionate about something, you can definitely see it.

This weekend, I had the honor to work with Vasti, a creative photographer whose passion for photography shines through her work. She awes me with her unique, abstract photography work and Photoshop wizardry. The most interesting thing about her work is the concept she has behind each shoot. They all have a story behind them. You can also see the emotion she captures in her photos. I helped her style her "Madame Bijou" concept. The concept is "based on this woman who could never find true love and was just gaudy and wandered the world looking for it". I think she truly succeeded. Must I also mention that she's still only in her early 20s?

Our model was Frankie Sin, who is also a makeup artist, hair stylist, wardrobe stylist, and costume designer. She seriously is the one stop lady for any photoshoot! She really was a natural and had the perfect look for the concept.

Here are a couple pictures of the first Madame Bijou look. You can view the rest of them on Vasti's site. The second outfit will be coming soon so stay tuned!

Frankie is wearing "my fair madame dress", "softer than cotton capelet", and "brown ankle strap heels" and a ton of jewelry & accessories (collaboration of Frankie's and Ruche's collection), and lacy tights from ebay.









No comments: