Friday, December 9, 2011

Love Stories: Love at First Laugh

I was 17 when I met my husband.

My friend had told me stories of how great his laugh was and how he made the best mac and cheese. When we ended up meeting, I couldn’t get over his quirkiness, the way he laughed, and his perfect smile. We only hung out a couple times before I, being a little high schooler, stop hanging out with this adorable boy.

Almost a year went by, but we didn’t go a day without talking to each other. I graduated, decided it was time to grow up, and finally called him to hang out. We sat in his car for over two hours just laughing. I couldn’t get enough of his laugh. If it were up to me I would have stayed there forever. When the night was almost over, we said our goodbyes and I knew right when he drove away that I wanted to be with him forever.


We had busy schedules, so we didn't see each other for about three weeks. I remember walking through a crowd of people and seeing him -- I don’t think I have ever been more excited to see someone. I ran to him and gave him a hug and we have never been apart since that day. That was three years ago.


In that time, we got engaged, we married and now we have been married for two years. He is my better half, he makes me laugh all the time, and his mac and cheese IS delicious. I love him with all of my heart. 


Courtney & Ben Campbell
Benandcourtcampbell.blogspot.com



See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story, please send an e-mail to blog@shopruche.com. You may attach up to 5 photos. Please try to keep your stories to a 1200 word limit. You will receive an e-mail when your story is selected.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Ah so sweet! I was 16 when I met my now husband so I can relate!

(Actually, we did go to the same primaary school too but that doesn't count ;)).

Kim said...

My heart just melted.

-kim
found the route

Anonymous said...

really sweet..this post makes me want get married soon..even i dont know who's i'm maried with..lol...

deadweight on velveteen said...

what a gorgeous story :) all the best for the lovely couple x